Sunday, April 25, 2010

Roasted Chicken- One bag of Chicken- 4 recipes

I enjoy cooking on the weekends. I can try new things, and take my time with it. This weekend, I roasted a three pound bag of chicken tenders. I have found that my family eats about ¾ of a pound of chicken, or 3 chicken breast, not the typical 1 pound per recipe. I am writing the recipe for 1 pound of chicken, but I divided the bag of chicken into four each servings. You can do what is comfortable for your family. Normally, I would make two servings of two recipes, one for the week, one for the freezer. This week I had some new things to try, so I tried four different recipes. Not ideal as far as the mess in the kitchen, but again, I enjoyed it. So, first- the roasted chicken:

1 - 3 lb bag of chicken tenders, thawed
Butter or olive oil to drizzle on chicken
Salt and pepper to taste


Heat the oven to 350. Spray the bottom of a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Lay the chicken on the pan. Do not let the pieces touch. Drizzle with olive oil, or melted butter. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until pieces are no longer pink in the middle. (Keep a close eye on chicken, because it can become tough if left too long)

The four recipes I made with the bag of chicken are as follows:

  • Chicken and Barley with Lemon Marinade
  • Southwest Chicken Casserole
  • Chicken Divan Casserole
  • Teriyaki Chicken Casserole

I will be working on the recipes this week to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment