Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Goldenrod Eggs with White Sauce

Okay, it is another boiled egg recipe. I remember my mom making this as a kid- but we called it "Stuff." I remember not knowing what to call it- so it was "Stuff." I made it last night, but could work on my white sauce. I know that is a practiced skill. So, if you have any hard boiled eggs left- enjoy this tasty, easy recipe.

Goldenrod Eggs
  • 6 hard-boiled eggs
  • 4 pieces of toast
  • 1 1/2 cups of white sauce

Chop egg whites into the white sauce. Serve over toast. Sprinkle yolks on top.

White Sauce

  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • 2 tablespoons of flour
  • 1 cup of milk
  • dash of pepper
  • salt to taste

Melt butter in to pan. Add pepper and flour; blend together. Slowly add in milk, whisking in as you add. Cook until thick and smooth. Salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment