Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Spices and Herbs! Oh my!

Along with my baking organization, came my organization of my spices and herbs. Can you tell I was a bit stir crazy!?!?!? But, I am ready for all that may come my way. . . for cooking anyway. Here is my list of essential herbs and spices.

The Basics for Everything

  • Olive Oil
  • Salt (Kosher and table)
  • Pepper (ground and pepper corns)
  • Bouillon Cubes (chicken, beef, and vegan)
  • Garlic
  • Vinegar (Balsamic and Salad)
  • Soy Sauce
  • Honey

Herbs and Spices

  • Oregano
  • Parsley
  • Basil
  • Paprika
  • Thyme
  • Sage
  • Bay Leaves
  • Cumin
  • Ginger Root
  • Chili Powder
  • Cayenne Pepper
  • Nutmeg
  • Cinnamon
  • Cinnamon Sticks

Seasoning Mixes I LOVE that save cooking time!

  • Steak Seasoning
  • Creole Seasoning (Emeril's in particular)
  • Greek Seasoning (Cavenders)
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Cinnamon and Sugar Mixture
  • Seasoning Salt
  • Herbs de Provence (French mixture- recipe to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment