Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Herbs de Provence

Last summer I picked up a jar of seasoning at TJ Max, one of my favorites, to try out. It is called Herbs de Provence. It was in a beautiful little jar. Turns out I love it. I am about out, so I will need to concoct my own recipe soon, or find another jar to purchase. The mixture of herbs is a wonderful of blend of aromas and tastes. Yet, it is not overpowering. We have had it on chicken, fish, potatoes, and even on fresh cucumbers with vinegar and oil. If you don't make your own I would at least try to find a jar to try out.


Ingredients
1 teaspoon lavender
1 teaspoon rosemary
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons thyme
4 teaspoons summer savory (or 1 tablespoon winter savory)
2 tablespoons tarragon
2 tablespoons of marjoram

No comments:

Post a Comment