Sunday, February 28, 2010

Crunchy Granola

I can't believe I made this recipe this weekend, but it will become a staple item now. I don't know what possessed me to make it. I saw this, it looked good, so I made it. Clay also told me a few weeks ago he likes the granola on top of the yogurt at McDonald's. I know this is much healthier than that! :) So, here it is:



Ingredients:


  • 4 cups of old fashioned oats

  • 1 cup nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)

  • 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar

  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt

  • 1/2 cup butter

  • 1/4 cup honey

  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract

  • 1 cup of chopped dried fruit (I tried raisins and apricots this time)

Directions:



  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F

  2. Line a rimed baking sheet with foil and grease generously with oil or spray.

  3. Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl

  4. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and honey, stirring to combine. Add the vanilla and stir.

  5. Pour the honey butter over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and spread over an even layer.

  6. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and stir. Return the granola to the over and bake for 10-15 minutes more, checking to make sure it doesn't burn

  7. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack, the transfer to an airtight contain.

No comments:

Post a Comment