- 4 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 cup nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped dried fruit (I tried raisins and apricots this time)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
- Line a rimed baking sheet with foil and grease generously with oil or spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and honey, stirring to combine. Add the vanilla and stir.
- Pour the honey butter over the oat mixture and stir to combine. Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and spread over an even layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and stir. Return the granola to the over and bake for 10-15 minutes more, checking to make sure it doesn't burn
- Cool in the pan on a cooling rack, the transfer to an airtight contain.