Monday, December 29, 2008

Marinated Chicken Breast

As a working mom I am always looking for those things to help me out in the kitchen. I typically like to have dinner about 5:30, since the girls are so young. That does not give me a whole lot of time in the kitchen to prepare things. So, I like to help myself where I can to make more efficient dinners. Each day this week I am going to be doing meals that will make more than one entree so I can serve one and freeze one or two. Today was the first of that for the week.

Our family eats a lot of chicken during the week. At least one day a week I like to do a baked chicken. To change things up I like to marinate the chicken. The problem is I don't have enough time to marinate and bake after school. The following "recipe" allows me to have things ready when I get home from work. For my family I typically bake three chicken breasts. This recipe made three meals for us out of one bag of chicken. When I buy a bag from Sam's it will make 5 to 6 meals.

Marinated Chicken Breast

1 bag of FROZEN chicken breast from store

3-4 freezer bags

3-4 different marinates
(You can use the bottled marinates, salad dressing (Italian), or marinade packets found with the seasonings (this is the cheapest route- and typically all you add is water and oil, sometimes vinegar for two pounds of meat)

Some different seasoning ideas would be:
  • Italian Dressing
  • Teriyaki Marinade
  • Chipotle Marinade
  • Mesquite Marinade
  • Lemon Pepper Marinade
  • Bareque Sauce

Mix desired marinades in a bowl, or pour directly into the freezer bag. Place desired number of chicken breast (still frozen) in the freezer bag. Place a tight seal on the bag and place in the freezer.

On the morning of the meal place the bag in the refrigerator to thaw. When you ready to cook the meat is marinated for you. Bake or grill and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment