Monday, December 22, 2008

Cream Filled Cupcakes

I am very fortunate, I have two beautiful girls. I have two beautiful girls that were born on the same day. I have two beautiful girls that were both born on December 23rd. Needless to say, once the 23rd hits things don't slow down until the 26th. Every year we have a family birthday party in Fort Smith for the girls. It is always dinner and cake. This year I decided to make cupcakes- with the focus being on the grown-ups. (Don't worry, the girl's have their own!) I have modified a Paula Deen recipe for this one. It makes 24 to 36 cupcakes.

Cream Filled Cupcakes
  • 24 to 36 cupcakes (I buy store-bought un-iced cupcakes to save time at Walmart- plus you get the nifty holders)
  • 1 cup of whipping cream
  • 1 cup of sour cream
  • 1 cup of whole milk
  • 1 package of pudding (either chocolate or vanilla)
  • Icing - for the top
  • One Turkey Infuser (used on fried turkeys)
Mix the whipping cream, sour cream, whole milk and pudding in a bowl and mix on medium until it peaks (until it makes little mountains). Fill turkey infuser with cream mix and insert about one tablespoon into each cupcake (it will start spilling out when it gets too full). Top with icing.


Refrigerate up to 3 days. I am attaching pictures to help understand, but it is really quite easy- but messy. Your guest will love the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment