Saturday, January 23, 2010

Turkey Sausage and Tortellini Soup

This recipe came from my friend Matty. With four kids, I am amazed she can find anything they all like. So, when she said her kids love this easy recipe, I knew I had to try it. The girls enjoyed the soup and I did, too. I made it without the sausage for a non-meat meal.

6 ounces smoked turkey sausage cut-up
2 cups shredded cole slaw mix
frozen Italian-style green beans (can't remember the size, but they have a small bag at Kroger and that's what I use)
2 cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 can condensed French onion soup
3 cups water
9 ounce package refrigerated tortellini
grated Parmesan cheese


Put everything except the tortellini and the cheese into a crockpot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Add the tortellini and let cook for another 30 minutes. Serve with the cheese sprinkled on top. Easy, delicious and my kids love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment