Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cheddar Potato Soup

I love recipes that require minimal steps and ingredients. This particular recipe is both. Another bonus, I usually have all of these ingredients at home. This was shared with me by my friend Amy. She raved about the soup- and I have to agree! Enjoy!


2 pounds red-skin potatoes cut into 1/2 inch cubes (I left the skins on)
3/4 cup coarsely chopped carrots
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
3 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup half and half
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1. Place potatoes, carrots, onion, broth, and salt in crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW 6 -7 hours or HIGH 3 - 3.5 hours or until veggies are tender.
2. Stir in half and half and pepper. cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes. Turn off heat and remove cover. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment