Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thai Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

There is a restaurant in Little Rock called Lilly's that we love! It serves Thai food. I have been looking to find a recipe that has that same taste and I finally found one that I really like. I also love stir-fry. No, let me rephrase that, I love one pan meals, and stir-fry fits the bill perfectly.

Ingredients:
1 lbs of beef sirloin steak, sliced into strips
3 tbsp of soy sauce mixed with 1 tsp of sugar (*key)
1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets (or tress as my kids say)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp of fresh ginger, chopped
2 tbsp of sesame oil
2 tsp of oil for the wok

1. Pour the soy sauce and sugar mixture over the strips of beef. Season with black pepper and salt. Marinate for about 20 minutes.

2. Add 2 tsp of oil into a wok (or skillet) and allow time to heat. Add meat mixture, onion, and ginger to wok. Cook down until meat is medium to well done.

3. About 5 minutes before serving add broccoli to mixture, cover and allow to steam. You want to keep the bright green color of the broccoli.

4. Serve in bowl over rice (I use jasmine rice in my rice steamer, but any rice would work), drizzle with sesame oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment