Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fruit Salad

I helped to throw a baby shower for one of my nearest and dearest friends today. We had a baked potato bar with salad and fruit. It was easy to put together (especially since there were three of us) and very tasty. I am going to try and add pictures later. I made a fruit salad recipe that I make to take to different events. I have a friend who frequently makes it for her house to keep fruit as an easy snack. I put it in a trifle bowl. It is colorful, easy to put together, and most importantly, delicious.

Note: My mom called and told me that she got the recipe from family friends the Keifers. This is a dish that Tracy would take with her to events and my mom begged the recipe off of her. Thanks for sharing this family secret!

1 can of peach pie filling (secret ingredient)
1 can of sliced peaches, drained
1 can of Mandarin oranges, drained
1 can of pineapple tidbits, drained
1 tub of frozen sliced strawberries (with the juice)
2 sliced bananas (put in right before serving)
2 sliced apples (put in right before serving)

Mix ingredients and chill for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment