Monday, February 2, 2009

HOT SPINACH DIP

I made this for a Super Bowl Party that Joe and I went to at the Hearn's house. It turned out well. I did not add the ham, but it would be good. I also served it with pita chips in addition to the bread cubes...it's easier for dipping. For the bread, I got a sour dough loaf at Walmart. I think next time I will try and make something in my bread maker, but the sour dough loaf was easy and available.

Makes 6 cups.


2 c. (15 oz.) Ricotta cheese

1 c. sour cream or plain yogurt (I used sour cream)

1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained

1/4 lb. ham, diced

3/4 c. shredded Parmesan cheese

1/2 c. chopped green onions

1 round loaf of bread, unsliced


In food processor, blender or electric mixer, combine Ricotta and sour cream; process until smooth. Stir in thawed, drained spinach, ham, Parmesan and green onions.
Cut a 1 inch slice off top of bread; reserve. Remove bread from inside loaf, retaining a 3/4 inch shell. Cut bread from inside loaf into bite-size cubes.
Pour cheese mixture into bread shell set on a rimmed baking sheet. Replace bread top and wrap in foil. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 1/4 hours or until heated through. Arrange bread loaf and bread cubes on a large serving platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment