- Open three gallon ziplock bags
- Spoon in 1/3 of beef mixture into each bag (around two cups each)
- Allow the beef mixture to become the base (it can allow the bag to "sit")
- Add in one cup of elbow macaroni on top of the beef mixture in each bag (do not mix the layers)
- Add in two cups of mixed vegetables on top of pasta
- Add 1 tablespoon of beef boullion into each bag to top it off (powder form)
- Seal bags and freeze up to three months
To cook: Allow the bag to thaw in the fridge for at least 24 hours before cooking. Empty the contents of the bag into a soup pot. Add 6 to 8 cups of water (depending on how thick you want your soup- I typically do about 7) to the mixture. Stir mix and bring to a boil. Allow to boil, while stirring, for about five minutes. (Pasta will stick if you don't stir in the beginning) Then simmer for about an hour. Serve with bread!
Now the key to the homemade goodness is the simmering for an hour- if you don't do that the vegetables will taste frozen. By allowing them to simmer you allow the flavors to really become one.