Sunday, February 1, 2009

Easy Barbecue Crockpot Chicken

I cooked this last night because it was quick- but boy was it a hit. My kids really don't like a heavy barbecue sauce, so I was surprised that they enjoyed it so much. I think the reason is because of the crock pot the barbecue sauce marinated in the meat and it wasn't so strong. I would recommend using chicken on the bone, as it will take longer to cook and not dry out as much as boneless chicken. I used chicken legs (another kid favorite), but most of the time I use chicken breast.

Supplies:
Slowcooker or Crock Pot

Ingredients:
4 lbs of chicken (either a whole chicken, whole chicken cut up, chicken breast, thighs, or legs)
1 bottle of favorite barbecue sauce (we love KC Masterpiece)

Place chicken in the Crockpot. Pour the bottle of barbecue sauce over the meat (may want to save a bit for dipping later). Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Serve.

1 comment:

  1. I do this quite a bit. Great to use the leftover chicken in casseroles!!

    ReplyDelete