Sunday, February 8, 2009

Chili's-Like Salsa Recipe

I've been wanting to make fresh salsa for a while now. Our Grandmother, Nannie Stauffer, used to make really good fresh salsa and I always thought it was so neat. Joe really loves the salsa that is served at the Chili's, so I searched for the recipe and was able to find it! I was disappointed that the ingredients weren't fresh, but decided to give it a try anyway. I think it turned out really great! It does have a bite to it, but it's not unbearable. You can cut out some of the jalapenos if you are worried about it. The best thing about this recipe is that it took me all of 5 minutes to make! You can make this for a party and I'm sure everyone will be super impressed.

I would still like to find a good salsa recipe that uses fresh ingredients, so if anyone has one, please share!!

SERVES 32 , 4 Cups

Ingredients
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (Rotel)
1 (14 1/2 whole canned tomatoes(plus the juice)
4 teaspoons jalapenos (canned,diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion(diced)
1/2-3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar

Directions:
1 In food processor place jalapenos and onions.
2 Process for just a few seconds.
3 Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin.
4 Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
5 Place in covered container and chill.
6 A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.
7 Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment