Sunday, July 25, 2010

Easy Frittata

I have had some eggs in the fridge for a while. We haven't been using them for breakfast, so I wanted to have a breakfast for dinner meal. I found this recipe on http://www.kraft.com/. It isn't a site I use often, but this one is a basic recipe with tons of taste. Clay and the girls really liked it, too. Clay told me he likes it better than quiche, and he likes quiche. I went to the grocery store today and forgot to buy the bacon. Luckily, I had some smoked turkey sausage in the fridge so I added that as an option for cooking. It gave it a great taste, but the biggest taste factor was the basil. It added great smell and taste!

Ingredients
5 whole Eggs
4 Egg whites
2 Tbsp. Water
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
1/2 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
4 slices cooked, crumbled bacon or smoked turkey sausage
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil

Directions
HEAT oven to 350°F.

Beat whole eggs, egg whites and water with whisk in medium bowl until blended.

STIR in 1/2 cup cheese, tomatoes, bacon and basil. Pour into greased 9-inch pie plate.

BAKE 25 min. or until puffed and golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 5 min. or until melted. (Took longer than the 30 minutes)


Kraft Kitchens Tips
How to Make Mini-Frittatas
Prepare egg mixture as directed; pour into 12 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 20 min.; sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake 3 to 5 min. or until melted. Makes 6 servings, 2 frittatas each.

No comments:

Post a Comment