Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer Stir-fry

This morning, as I was leaving for school, I stopped by the freezer to grab some meat for dinner tonight. I grabbed an Elk Fillet that I had purchased from the local market. I wasn't sure what to do with it and it was only a half a pound of meat. Well, I cut it, marinaded it, and stir-fried it, and it was a great light summer meal. Here is an easy stir-fry recipe that can use whatever is in the fridge.

1/2 to 1 lb of meat cubed (chicken, beef, elk, etc.)
3 T of soy sauce
1 T of sugar

3 to 4 veggies chopped into bite-size pieces (I used all locally grown food)
* 1 onion
* 2 carrots
* 1 head of broccoli
* 1 squash
* 1 head of Chinese Cabbage chopped

1 package of Udon Noodles cooked (or 1/2 bag of linguine)

Marinate meat in soy sauce and sugar mixture for 15 minutes to an hour. Pour a dollop of oil in to the stir-fry pan. Once heated, add meat and chopped onion. Cook over medium heat. Then, add the carrots and squash to mixture. About 5 minutes before serving add cabbage and broccoli. Add in cooked noodles. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment