Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meal Planning, Week of May 2- May 8, 2010

We have another busy week ahead. I can see the end in sight at school, which is nice. This week there are a couple new recipes to be posted, but ones I have cooked before. The other items I have added this week are the side items we are having. All of the vegetable items I have added are locally grown veggies. It is early in season, but great things are available. I purchased mine through the locally grown cooperative for Conway. I made Chinese cabbage for the first time tonight, and it was very tasty. Not as pungent in smell as the regular head of cabbage. I also made cabbage rolls with the other head. (I got two from the market.)

Make Ahead for the week: Teriyaki Chicken (2) and Cabbage Rolls (2), and Lentil Soup (or can be made in crockpot)

Sunday Night: Teriyaki Chicken with fresh steamed Chinese cabbage (recipe posted this week)

Meatless Monday Night: Lentil Soup with Texas Toast (from the freezer) (recipe posted this week)

Tuesday Night: Cabbage Rolls (or as my family knows them: Mini-Meatloaves) with fresh broccoli
http://twosistersandfriends.blogspot.com/2009/09/cabbage-rolls.html

Wednesday Night: Church Meal

Thursday Night: Crockpot Chicken with fresh squash and broccoli rabe
http://twosistersandfriends.blogspot.com/2009/12/crockpot-chicken-1000-meal.html

Friday Night: Leftover Chicken in Pita Pockets with fresh strawberries and salad

Saturday: Graduation Cookout for my Cousin Whitney!!! (menu and recipes to follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment