Monday, December 28, 2009

Vegetable Beef Soup- $10.00 Meal


There is nothing better than a warm cup of soup on a cold winter's day. So, when looking for my next $10.00 or less meal, I wanted a soup. I thought I would share one of the best soup recipes I have. My mom shared it with me when I got my first apartment and I my first crock pot. The name of the soup has changed and so has the packaging, but every time we have it, the family loves it.

Ingredients:
1 lbs of stew meat ($3.37) (save a $ and use ground beef)
1 package of Mrs. Grass Soup Starter (Vegetable Beef Soup) ($3.69)
1 box of crackers ($1.29) (purchased for previous meal)

Brown meat of medium heat until outside of meat is brown in a skillet. This step seals in the goodness of the meat. If you are using ground beef brown completely. Drain grease off of meat.

Place meat in the crock pot, along with 8 cups of water, and whisk in soup starter. Place on low for six to eight hours in the crockpot. (Can be cooked on the stove for about 30 minutes)

Serve with crackers.

Grand Total: $8.35

No comments:

Post a Comment