Sunday, January 4, 2009

Easy Meat Loaf

Well, I am finishing up the week of cooking. I have to say that it was rewarding, as my freezer is now full. That is a good feeling as I go into the week, and go back to work. That will take care of one or two meals a week for a while. I will still try to make a meal a week to replenish, so I will be adding other recipes as I do that. I realized tonight, as I was taking a chicken pot pie to a friend, something that would help me, and I thought I should pass it on. Since I hadn't put the cooking time or length on the "package," I had to run to the computer and check on the blog how long it should cook. From now on I am going to try to label these things on the aluminum foil.
  • Recipe
  • Date
  • Temp for cooking
  • Length of cooking

So, here is the last meal for this week experiment.

Supplies

2 Loaf Pans

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 cup of oatmeal, uncooked
  • 1 cup of onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup of ketchup
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 tsp prepared mustard
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp of pepper

Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Then split in half into two loaf pans. Form into loaf shapes so the excess grease will go down the sides.

Fresh Loaf: Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour

Freezer Loaf: Thaw in refrigerator. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment