Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crock Pot Roast

School is back in sessions and things are busier than they were, but I am going to keep trying to post things. Sorry for the long wait. This is one of my favorites. I have always done my pot roast with the same ingredients, but my friend Amanda add the cream of mushroom soup and it takes it from good to great. My family loves it too.

Supplies:
Crock pot or Slow Cooker

Ingredients:
4 medium potatoes
2 cups of baby carrots
1 cup of celery (optional)
1 Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 medium pot roast

1. Slice potatoes and place on the bottom of the crock pot (I don't peel them, but some prefer peeled potatoes)
2. Lay the pot roast on top of the potatoes.
3. Fill in around the pot roast with carrots and celery
4. Mix the cream of mushroom soup and the onion soup mix in a bowl and pour over the roast and other ingredients
5. Salt and pepper to taste

Cook on low 7 to 8 hours in the crock pot.

You can do the same recipe with chicken for 6 to 7 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment