Sunday, January 25, 2009

Crock Pot Lemon-Garlic Chicken

I never would have thought this would work, but it has great flavor. It is another slow cooker meal. . . I am planning for my week to take the stress off. Someone asked me about when I prep the crock pot meals since mornings are so hectic. I have found that for me it is easiest to prep the slow cooker at night. I put everything in and place it in the fridge overnight. In the morning all I have to dois take it out and turn it on. With two kiddos and jobs to make it to it really helps me.

Supplies:
Crock Pot

Ingredients:
1 lemon
3 tbsp of minced garlic in oil
1 four pound whole chicken (with the insides removed)

1. Slice the lemon into thin pieces.
2. Season the cavity (the inside) of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Rub the outside of the chicken with the minced garlic, salt and pepper. (rub top and bottom)
4. Place breast side up into the crock pot.
5. Place the lemon slices on top of the chicken. Any extra slices can be placed into the cavity of the chicken.

Cook on low 6 to 7 hours, or until the juices run clear. Serve with rice and a vegetable for a wonderful light meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment