Wednesday, March 18, 2009

T.G.I. Friday's French Onion Soup

This is one of my favorite meals anytime I go out. I have loved it since TGIF's opened in Fort Smith in junior high school. So, when I found this I thought, I have to try it. It is very tasty! Enjoy!


2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
4 cups sliced onion
3 cups beef broth
1−1/2 cups water
1 Tablespoon cooking sherry
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 dash dried thyme
1 cup soft croutons
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add onions and cook 20 minutes,
stirring occasionally. Add beef broth, water, sherry, Worcestershire sauce,
pepper, and thyme to pot. Increase heat and bring to boil, then reduce
heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Divide into bowls. Top with
croutons, then mozzarella. Broil until cheese melts and begins to brown.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see this recipe! I love that soup! BTW, did you know that same Friday's is where Dan & I had our first date? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! this will be a good one.

    i remember when that tgi friday's was the newest and coolest place around...along with the best buy around the corner...good times.

    ReplyDelete