Sunday, March 29, 2009

Krabby Patties




I wish I could take credit for this, but I can't. I have a friend at school who was telling me she was serving Krabby Patties for dinner one night. If you haven't heard of Krabby Patties, then you have never seen Spongebob Square Pants. It is a show everyone should see at least once, so you too can sing the theme song! But, I digress, on this show the sea sponge, Spongebob, works at a restaurant that serves Krabby Patties. This is recipe is a kid friendly version of mini-burgers that my kids love. When they saw me cooking them tonight they were really excited!


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound of ground turkey (or beef)
  • 1/2 package of Lipton onion soup mix
  • 1 package of dinner rolls (ones that look like miniature hamburger buns)
  • 1 onion
  • Condiments for burgers (lettuce, cheese, mayo, mustard, pickles)

1. Mix 1/2 a package of Lipton onion soup mix with 1 pound of ground turkey
2. Make roll size burgers (I get about 9 out of 1 pound of meat)
3. Cook thoroughly in the skillet (I was able to do all nine a one time in my big skillet)
4. Brown onions and toast rolls
Serve as Krabby Patties (mini-burgers) with chips, beans, and fruit.




No comments:

Post a Comment