- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 1/4 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 T of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 4 cups of dry French bread cubes (6 to 7 slices)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries
1. Dry bread- place on a shallow baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, stirring twice.
2. In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon
3. In an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish toss together bread cubes and dried fruit
4. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture and press lightly with the back of a large spoon
5. bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly and serve
Serve warm with warmed Carmel sauce and cool whip.