Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bread Pudding

I had my friends over from my book club last night for drinks and dessert. I decided to make bread pudding. On the cooking shows I have been watching everyone looks at their ingredients and state, "I guess I will make I will make bread pudding." They always say it like it is no big deal, so I decided to try it. This was a new one for me, but a recipe I will add to my mix, it seemed to be successful. I don't do a lot of "baking," but I enjoyed making this one.

Ingredients

  • 4 beaten eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups of milk
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1 T of vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
  • 4 cups of dry French bread cubes (6 to 7 slices)
  • 1/3 cup dried cranberries or cherries

1. Dry bread- place on a shallow baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, stirring twice.

2. In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon

3. In an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish toss together bread cubes and dried fruit

4. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture and press lightly with the back of a large spoon

5. bake, uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly and serve

Serve warm with warmed Carmel sauce and cool whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment