- Slow cooker
- Pork Shoulder- 7 to 9 pounds (do not take off fat- put it in whole)
- 2 onions- circle slices
- 2 bell peppers- sliced
1. Place onions and bell peppers on the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. On a baking sheet rub pork shoulder with salt and pepper. I use kosher salt and ground pepper corns. You can add any other spices you may like.
3. Place the pork shoulder, fat side up, in the slow cooker. Set on high for 7-8 hours.
4. Once it is done the pork will pull off of the bone.
Three ways to eat pork:
1. As is- great flavoring- I added a bit of mesquite flavoring for a kick
2. Fajitas - serve on tortillas with peppers and onions
3. BBQ- add BBQ sauce when reheating for pulled pork sandwiches