Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sauted Okra and Tomatoes

Okay- this is a strange one for me, seeing as I typically don't like slimy okra (i.e. not fried), but this recipe was delicious! It has just enough kick and flavor to make it just right. I modified the recipe from one I saw on Cooking with the Neelys on Food Network. It was even good for leftovers. Who knew? Last Sunday I made a Cajun themed dinner for some friends and this week I will post the recipes.

3 cups of fresh or frozen okra (I used frozen)
1 can of diced tomatoes
1/2 onion
1 beef boullion cube (1 teaspoon)
1/2 teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning (just a little kick)


1. Saute the onion in a bit of olive oil/ add in boillion cube once everything is nice and hot and mis in to the onion
2. Once it is cooked down add can of diced tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning
3. Add okra and cook for 15 minutes
4. Remove from heat and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment