Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Shortbread Recipe

The holidays are coming up, and it is one of my favorite times of year! I love to cook, share recipes, and give homemade gifts. Most of my gifts will be homemade this year. My first run of things will be at the church Merry Mission Fair next week. Every year the church hosts the event to raise money for mission projects in the coming year. I am putting together a basket of homemade goodies to auction off. I started listing my things tonight. Over the next week, as I put it together, I will post the recipes for things on the website. My first one is a mix for shortbread cookies. This simple cookie is great with preserves (blueberry to be exact). It also includes very simple ingredients. I am packaging it as a mix, so the person who purchases the basket can make them at home. So, I will break it down into at home mix and then directions for the person who makes it.

Prepackaging Mix:
1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons of granulated sugar

Directions to Make:

Add 1/2 cup of butter

1. Combine dry mix with butter. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling. Form mixture into a ball; knead until smooth.

2. On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a 8 X 6- inch rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.

3. Using a knife, cut into twenty-four 2 x 1 inch strips. Place 1 inch apart on a ungreased cooking sheet.

4. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until bottom just starts to brown and center is set.

5. Allow to cool completely before serving. Serve with warm blueberry preserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment