Another good mix to give. This one requires only two ingredients. I will divide out the directions like I did on on the shortbread cookies.
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
How to make Scones:
11 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup cold heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Using a pastry blender or your hands, blend butter into dry ingredients until mixture is consistence of course meal.
3. Add cream; stir until blended.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly until a smooth dough is formed. Pat until about 1 inch thick. Cut dough with a biscuit cutter into circles. Repeat until all dough is used.
5. Arrange 1 inch apart on a baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
6. Cool and serve with the mix berry preserves on the side.