This will be the final homemade mix in the basket. I am going to make the bread, and attach the recipe to the loaf of bread. This goes great with the homemade pickles I will have in the basket.
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 3 cups self-rising flour (* or 3 cups all purpose flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of your favorite herb (Oregano is great)
1. In a large bowl, mix together the sugar and flour. Add beer and continue to mix, first using a wooden spoon, then your hands. Batter will be sticky.
2. Pour into a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes. The top will be crunchy, and the insides will be soft. Serve topped with butter or a cheese spread.