Monday, May 25, 2009

Sweet Potato Wedges

Summer is almost here! I am so excited, although we have had so much rain it has been hard to enjoy it to the fullest. Let me remind everyone that this a great time to be shopping for in season fruit at the grocery store. The prices are great and the tastes are better. We had grilled corn (4 for a dollar), grilled mango (3 for a dollar), and sweet potato wedges (typically cheap) with our burgers tonight. I saw the idea for sweet potato wedges on TV the other day and thought I would try them. I am always looking for easy healthy dishes. Give it a try-

Serves 4

Ingredients:

  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Olive Oil

1. Slice sweet potatoes into long wedges (slice length-wise). I was able to get 8 to 10 out of one potato.

2. Pour about 2 teaspoons of olive oil on the potatoes until lightly coated

3. Salt and Pepper

4. Back at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes each side (or starting to brown)

This dish adds a bit of unexpected sweet to a meal. Each person only needs three to four wedges each.

No comments:

Post a Comment