Sunday, May 10, 2009

Au Gratin Potatoes

Happy Mother's Day!

Most people would say getting a kitchen appliance for Mother's Day would be a big no-no, however when you ask for it, I think it is okay. I have been wanting a food processor for a while now, and after talking with my friend LeeAnna about hers, I was definitely envious. Clay was listening and got one from he and the girls for Mother's Day. The one Clay got for me has the regular processing blade, one for breads and cakes, one for shredding, and one for slicing. I was looking for things to "process." Clay thought it was funny! So, I made Au Gratin Potatoes. It took about one minute to slice the potatoes and another to blend the other ingredients. It was almost fun.

1 1/2 baking potatoes (about 3)
1 large onion
6 ounces of shredded cheese (1 1/2 cups)
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of garlic (I used more)
1/4 cup of butter or margarine melted

Slice potatoes and then onion into thin slices. Place into a greased baking dish. Season Potatoes with salt and pepper . Alternate layers of potatoes, onions, and 1 cup of cheese. Top with reserved 1/2 cup of cheese.

Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 minutes or until golden and potatoes are tender.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new appliance! I too want one, but haven't had the counter/cabinet space. Perhaps with the new house...

    ReplyDelete