Sunday, May 17, 2009

Meatballs

Tonight I made Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. The meatballs were super easy and they freeze well. They could be used for multiple dishes, too. I will post more ideas for thier use as I try them out, but I want to make a meatball soup and try them as an appitizer. So, here it is-

Ingredients
1 lb ground beef (we also use ground turkey)
1 small onion, chopped (approx 1/4 c)
1 egg
1/2-2/3 cup dry breadcrumbs (also use dry oatmeal)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of garlic
1 teaspoon of pepper

Directions
1. Combine all ingredients and shape into small 1 inch round meatballs. (I got about 25 to 30)
2. To oven bake: Place in ungreased 9x13 pan (you may want to line it with foil for easier clean-up).
3. Bake 20-25 min or until light brown and cooked through; turn meatballs halfway through, if desired, to help maintain a round shape.
4. To pan fry: Cook in skillet on medium heat, turning as needed, until brown (approx 10 min).

No comments:

Post a Comment