Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pulled Pork BBQ Pizza

Wow it's been a while since I've posted a recipe. To be honest I haven't been very creative lately so I haven't had anything exciting to post. Last night I did find a really good recipe that helped me use up some leftover pulled pork that I made in the crock pot. It was a hit in this household. I found it on the food network website. It is an Emeril recipe:

Dough:


Make or buy your dough. I use the recipe that came with my breadmaker.


Cheese:


12 oz Shredded Mozzerella



BBQ Sauce (instead of tomato sauce):


1 c apple cider vinegar


1 c ketchup


1/4 c light brown sugar


1 T molasses


1 T yellow mustard


2 t worchestershire sauce


1/2 t minced garlic


1/4 t cayenne pepper


1/4 t freshly ground pepper


In a medium saucepan, combine ingredients (mixing to dissolve sugar). Allow sauce to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.


Roll out dough. Spoon 1 cup of the cooled bbq sauce over the pizza dough, leaving about 3/4" of dough uncovered around the edge. Spread the pulled pork over the sauce. Top with onion and/or bell pepper if desired. Spread cheese evenly over pizza. Bake at 425F for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment