Friday, April 24, 2009

White Wine Cream Sauce

We had some friends over the other night, and I was looking for a vegetarian ideas for my meal. I don't do it very often, and it is a fun challenge for me. I served this sauce over bow-tie pasta and roasted vegetables. I loved it, and it was great for leftovers, too.

Yields about 2 cups

2 tablespoons butter
4 teaspoons minced shallots
1/2 cup white wine
1 pint heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute 1 minute.

Add wine and cream; cook 12 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently.

Add salt and parsley. Season with more salt and pepper, if needed. Transfer to serving bowl.

Note: If you prepare sauce ahead and refrigerate, it will need to be reheated. Warm 2 ounces of cream in a saucepan and bring to simmer. Then add refrigerated cream sauce by whisking in slowly. Continue whisking until hot and bubbly; add 1 tablespoon butter to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment