Friday, April 24, 2009

Taco Soup

The first time I had this soup was right after I had Elizabeth and people from our Sunday school class were bringing us meals. We really enjoyed. I asked Catherine if she would share the recipe with me. I am looking forward to making it this weekend. I think it would also make a great freezer meal- prepare it without the water and place in freezer. Thanks to Catherine Gatlin for this one.

1 pound ground beef
1/2 onion (I use frozen onion)
1 package taco seasoning
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
1 can beans (I use chili beans)
1 can corn (I use sweet white/yellow corn)
1 can green chilies
1 can Ro-tel
2 cans water
1 can sliced black olives

Brown ground beef, add onions until translucent. Add dry seasonings and stir. Add all canned products and water, bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
I usually serve with fritos and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment