Sunday, August 23, 2009

Crockpot Cabbage Soup

Okay, school is back in session, and I am on a mission to plan meals again. I have realized I cook more during the school year- part of it necessity, part of it release. Tomorrow night we have dance class at 5, so I want something that will be ready when we get home at 6. I have all of the ingredients in the pantry/ fridge, so we are going to give it a try. I feel excited to get back into blogging again- so I will be looking for some new recipes to try. Wish us luck!

Cook Time: 9 hours


Ingredients:
1/2 head of cabbage, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large carrot, thinly sliced
3 to 4 tablespoons rice
2 ribs celery, sliced in 1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon garlic powder
6 cups beef broth (can make from bouillon or base and hot water)
1 pound of ground beef
2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) tomatoes, diced
coarsely ground pepper

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 hours on low. Taste before serving; add salt and more pepper if necessary.Serve with biscuits or crusty bread.

Beef Cabbage Soup Recipe serves 4

No comments:

Post a Comment