Sunday, August 2, 2009

Baked Camembert Cheese

I saw Baked Camembert Cheese mentioned on an old episode of Martha Stewart and it looked like a good and easy appetizer. Well I tried serving it last night and it was! Camembert Cheese can be bought in the nicer cheese section of a grocery store (I saw it at Walmart & HEB and I'm sure other chains carry it). It comes in a round box. To bake it I followed the directions in this video. The ingredients are:

-1 box Camembert Cheese

-a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme

-olive oil

Preheat oven to 400F. To prepare cheese, cut the thin layer of wax off of the top of the cheese. Place the cheese back in the wooden box. Sprinkle fresh thyme on the top of the cheese. Pour a bit of olive oil on top of the cheese. Place cheese (while still in the wooden box, but with no lid) in a baking pan. Cook at 400F for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is soft. Watch the video for a better explanation.

Serve with French bread. I sliced french bread into thin pieces and toasted some and left some untoasted. Your guests can spread the cheese on the bread! It is delicious!!


No comments:

Post a Comment